We fought to prevent illness all these months because I wanted to avoid taking care of two sick babies by myself. It was inevitable. Last Thursday in the middle of the night, Sayla woke up screaming and felt really warm. She had a fever and the next morning didn't show any more symptoms the first day besides being clingy. Up until now she's had a nasty cold and her voice is really hoarse. I thought, "If I had only one baby to take care of it wouldn't bother me as much." Then I thought, "Thank God only one of us is sick." I even wrote that on my Facebook wall. Apparently I forgot to knock on wood because who woke up sick yesterday? That's right. Little Brynna Lu.
So far yesterday and today haven't been too bad (it's the nighttime waking that kills me). We all stayed in the master bedroom, the warmest room in the house, with a humidifier. The three of us have developed a serious case of cabin fever...and Tylenol doesn't relieve cabin fever. The only sanity I have found is in wearing my robe and slippers to prevent any urges to go outside of the house. Silly, I know, but it makes sense to me. Last night Allan offered to watch the girls while I went out by myself. It didn't happen. First of all, it was too late and I was starting to feel sick too. Second, who wants to go out by themselves? I want to go out with my husband or with friends. If I go out by myself, I walk around superstores like Target and Walmart and look at things I wish we could afford. Sigh...c'est la vie. Everything sounds so negative here. I do try to be thankful, though. I think of the moms who still have to deal with feeding tubes and other health issues at this age and beyond. I am thankful that all I have to deal with are a couple of cranky, stuffy-nosed babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment